To be referred to the Neurovascular Service, your GP will need to complete a Referral Form and send it to the following address:
Mercer’s Institute for Successful Ageing
St. James’s Hospital
Phone: (01) 428 4108
When you receive your appointment letter, please confirm your appointment by calling (01) 428 4108. If you are unable to attend, please contact (01) 428 4108 to re-schedule your visit.
The initial appointment can take up to two hours, so please ensure you have set aside enough time to complete the assessment. Please bring the following items with you to your appointment:
- A complete list of the medications you are currently taking.
- Any relevant information on tests and procedures completed in other hospitals.
- A friend, relative or carer who knows you well and can assist with the assessment process.
- If you are diabetic, please bring your glucometer as your blood sugars may be monitored during specific tests.
- If you are asthmatic, please bring your inhalers to the clinic